Agile Development Practices suggest developers keep a solutions log. I think we can all benefit from a combined solutions log. As I encounter errors or problems I intend to record the solutions on this blog. Please feel to leave your comments, solutions and email me with your errors and solutions.
I was able to recovery my files after my external hard drive failed. Vista would ask if I would like to format my hard drive when I connected it to the computer. The interface is terrible and the menu system is confusing, but I was able to recover my files and it is free.
"You access the event logs by completing the following steps: 1. In the Computer Management console, connect to the computer whose event logs you want to view or manage. 2. Expand the System Tools node by clicking the plus sign (+) next to it and then double-click Event Viewer. You should now see a list of logs, as shown in Figure 3-8. 3. Select the log you want to view. You can export/save each log by completing the following steps: 1. Right click on the log that you want to export on the left hand side of the Event viewer Window. 2. Select the “Save Log File As…” option in XP/2003, “Save Events As” option in Vista/2008R1, “Save All Events As” option in Win7/2008R2. 3. Specify a file name and keep the default file type as .EVT for XP/2003, .EVTX for Vista/2008R1, and Win7/2008R2."
I found that if I used the wmode="transparent" attribute when embedding a flash swf and the movie used the filter effects I would see a flicker when mousing over the item using the filter effects. To correct the problem I set the wmode to opaque.
I was trying to perform an upgrade at a Microsoft site from SQL 2000 to SQL 2005. I had a pop up window during the upgrade analysis process of SQL 2005 that was blank.
The message I was getting in the WI install log located at C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Files\SQLSetup000#_computername_WI.log was Error Code: 0x80077370 (29552)
The Problem is in Upgrade advisor. In my case it was failing because .Net 3.5 SP1 was installed.
The following workaround amazed me and worked perfectly: