Sep 4, 2009

one or more arguments are invalid saving a sql maintenance plan

My problem occured with Windows Server 2003 Ent. SP2 in a 2 node cluster configuration with SQL Server 2005 installed as a cluster.

I tried the most basic new maintenance plan possible. Right click the maintenance plans folder in the tree in SQL server management studio, and selecting new maintenance plan. Then witout configuring anything I click save. I got the error "one or more arguments are invalid."

My SA user was set to a null password.
I gave the sa user a password and then I was able to save a maintenance plan with no problems.

1 comment:

gk said...

Thank you Very much sir.

I too was facing the same problem, after i set the password for sa login, the maintenance plan got saved.

Thanks for your info.